Call For Presentations
– Polar Bears & Climate Change
– Are Wolves at Fault for Moose & Caribou Decline?
– A Global Wolf Centre of Excellence
University College of the North, UCN, in Thompson, Manitoba invites presentation proposals for the second Wolf & Carnivore Conference. This two day event is held in the heart of the boreal forest wilderness of northern Manitoba. The region is relatively unstudied in scientific terms regarding wolves, yet holds tremendous Aboriginal traditional knowledge. Thompson is also the gateway link to Churchill, Polar Bear Capital of the World.
CALL FOR PAPERS. Deadline September 15, 2017
We invite proposals from researchers, graduate students and post-graduates. Presentations can be up to 20 minutes in duration. Presentations that relate to these topics will receive preference:
- Prey & Predator relationships
- Wolves and/or polar bears and climate change
- Aspects of a Wolf & Carnivore Centre of Excellence
- Wolf research in North America
- Aboriginal traditional ecological knowledge
- Wolves as an ecological and/or economic asset
Please provide an abstract (200 word limit) for approval, as well as biographical information. A cover page is required with the following information:
- Title, Author, Presenter, Primary contact information.
- Indicate method of delivery – oral, illustrated with slides/Powerpoint presentation, video.
- Audio/video equipment necessary for presentation
All proposals will be reviewed. Proposals will be returned to the applicant by September 30, 2017 if requirements are not met. FINAL AGENDA will be released online by October 7, 2017.
Morning and afternoon sessions may end with a panel discussion with keynote speakers if time is permitting.
CALL FOR POSTERS. Deadline September 15, 2017
Posters (Maximum Size 36” x 24”) are invited and will be displayed for attendees. Time will be available through- out the day for poster presenters to dialogue with participants.
Submit Abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15, 2017.
A notice of receipt will be sent by email. If you do not receive notification of receipt within 10 days or have any questions about your submission, please contact email@example.com.
Conference organizers do not pay for registration fees, travel expenses, or honoraria for presenters, panel participants, or poster presenters. Applicants may seek outside funding for any expenses.