TOP 10 REASONS TO NAME THE TEAM – MANITOBA WOLVES:
1. A wolf-named hockey team in a “wolf economy” in Manitoba is mutually beneficial and will have a strong synergy as both Brands and Product Positioning move forward.
2. A well designed wolf logo will generate much stronger Brand Equity and more recognizable Brand Imagery than any other name for Manitobaâs hockey team. The graphic image of a wolf has universal recognition and can achieve world class appeal to sell more souvenirs, jerseys, crests, etc.
3. Wolves are top predators like sharks in the ocean and lions in Africa.
4. Aboriginal people have always revered the wolf and focus on their qualities of loyalty, humility, perseverance, and a strong sense of family.
5. A wolf pack is a team unit with a leader, and each has a role to play for its survival.
6. The howling wolfâs imagery is romantic, haunting, mythical, charismatic, and world wide.
7. There are millions of people and dozens of organizations in North America and Europe that are supporters of wolves, wildlife, and conservation causes. The wolf name will create wider attention and recognition in the marketplace and will broaden the fan base.
8. Manitoba has one of the highest wolf populations in the world, and wolves roam across all rural and northern biomes.
9. Wolves are biologically essential to ensure a balanced ecosystem.
10. A Wolf Development Strategy and Discussion Paper is currently being prepared to position Manitoba as the Wolf Capital of the World in the fields of tourism, research, science, conservation, and events. Manitoba embraces wild wolves, in different biomes, captive wolves, wolf research, amazing public wolf art, the Manitoba GPS Wolf Hunt, schools in 3 countries collaborating on wolf projects, a proposed Wolf Centre of Excellence.
And wolves DO NOT attack or kill people like in Little Red Riding Hood!
CONCLUSION and RECOMMENDATION:
Wolves are an ecological and economic asset to Manitoba. Calling the new NHL team – MANITOBA WOLVES – has huge advantages for the team and the province. It has broader value than just any name. By aligning the team’s name with current and future Wolf Development in Manitoba, the name highlights a top predator species that Manitoba has in abundance. It will help drive a new WOLF ECONOMY in the tourism, science, conservation, education, events sectors. MANITOBA WOLVES will generate an awareness and interest in the hockey team by millions of non-hockey people in North America who will get to know that Manitoba exists.
THE WOLF IS THE RIGHT IMAGE AT THE RIGHT TIME FOR MANITOBA!
June 6, 2011.
Prepared for True North Sports and Entertainment Limited by Spirit Way Inc.